
Day 79 - Burns Night & Australia DayFair fa' your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
Enough about me though.What a great coincidence that Burns Night & Australia Day happen at the same time.Its a great excuse to get some Haggis,Neeps & Tatties fired onto the Barbie - get shot of that healthy OZ stuff.I here it's getting a bit busy down at the Gong Backpackers Hostel now that the owners are back.Whose the woose that can't sleep on the floor cause the bugs bite - I hear IKEA OZ sell extra long bed legs to lift you away from the Colonial bugs.The Flyer continues to take the piss - maybe its missing its OZ passengers.It spent the day in the Garage - yet the boys gave it a clean bill of health.Parked it up outside the pub as me and the Gaffer had a pie & a pint.Came out in the rain & guess what it wouldn't start.Tried to bump start it but dead as a dodo.Went home for an hour then came back and it started first time.I reckon Stretchy has a Mondeo vodoo doll and is sticking pins in it like the Tennents ad.On the Home front our local MP Reidso has written to the Judges to tell them that the Prisons are full and they should just let all the neds free with a slap on the wrist.I have suggested that they could reinstate the old service for the POMS and stick them on a boat across to you guys - you've got loads of space.We're heading down to the Mansions on Friday night and back in Dunroamin on Saturday.I feel I must end with a few bars of a song that I would like Uncle Tom to lead you all in - gathered around the PC :
Australians all let us rejoice,For we are young and free;WeÃ’ve golden soil and wealth for toil;Our home is girt by sea;Our land abounds in natureÃ’s giftsOf beauty rich and rare;In historyÃ’s page, let every stageAdvance Australia Fair.In joyful strains then let us sing,Advance Australia Fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment