Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Packed Lorna & Andy onto the Heathrow flight last night.Pretty uneventful apart from the hassle with the BAA Security - arse & elbow come to mind.Big Scott picked them up at Terminal 1 and drove them over to Terminal 4 - another tearful departure.Andrew phoned us from the plane to advise the BA boys were having difficulty with the backup battery - I thought it was diesel that these 747s run on.Anyway the Kwik Fit fitters got on board with the new battery and a quick jump start - Bob's Sheruncle and their off.Got a text about 2.00pm today(10.00pm with them) that they had arrived in the Hangout OK and that it was fab.Andy said they were shattered and were off to bed - will probably call them about midnight to get them up in the morning.Thanks to Celia for picking up the consficated MP3 player at Glasgow Airport. I see the weather in Singapore is forecast to be cloudy with thunder so I guess they wont need the suncream just yet.Good to see so many of the Radiator Boys,Chapehall Boys & friends come round to see them off - with all the crying though Andrew said that it felt like a wake.The Mansions is looking like it's been ransacked.I spent 1.5 hours getting back to the Mansions after seeing them off and then 2.5 hours getting back to Oban.Heard on Radio Scotland that Strathclyde Fire Brigade are recalling leaflets that they had sent out to the Urdu community.The leaflets advised (in Urdu) that you should use cushions to break your fall when jumping from windows(???) - however the translator got it wrong and the leaflet read you should use donkeys to break your fall (??????) - enough about the Teddy Bears though.Rosemary is about to pick me up so I'll need to dash - talk to you'll tomorrow. Regards,The Big Gun.

1 comment:

TOT said...

Well done, maybe you get what you wish for.........