Day 2 – Meat and Two Veg.
I read with interest in the London Times that 200 guys that have had a sex change are being allowed to uplift their pensions at 60(same as the wimmin).So there you go guys if you fancy retiring 5 years earlier look out the old twin-set and pearls(again). Call me a traditionalist…..
Picture of Domestic Bliss - Went through the Avon Lady sketch last night for the millionth time.Yer man’s settled on the couch reading the paper and half watching the Cousins of William via the Leith Tims when the old door bell goes – ding dong Avon Calling. R shouts down from the bath can you get the door (knowing full well it’s the Avon Lady).D leaps from the couch, throws open the door & invites in said Avon Lady – cause it’s blowing a gale. Now for the sketch.
D – What is it doll – how can I help you?
AL – There’s your Avon stuff – that’ll be £17
D – (looking askance & bellowing up the stairs) Hang on I’ll get my better half to sort it out since I’ve got about £2 in my pocket.
R – (enters stage right – gushing from her bath) £17 that’s no problem can I write you a cheque – how do I spell Crow?
AL – as in Russell (leaves stage left into Force 10 gale)
D&R – debate ensues as to the merits of paying the AL
To be continued……
Back on the couch I’m scouring the Oban Times for something to occupy us now the dark winter nights have set in.Ya beauty found the old night school course;
· Introducing to Felt making – Sat 18th November
Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better I notice
· More Fun with Felt – Sun 19th November
How much more fun can a sane man have with felt.
Still must dash I hear the ferry’s foghorn in the bay. I must get down to offload the winter supplies - either that or I’ll go to Tesco’s.
Hello to Mr.Oliver
Your man in the cold, wet, dark West of Scotland – take care, The Big Gun
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment